Exhibitors Rules and Regulations
All exhibitors are cautioned to read carefully the rules and regulations set forth below. Exhibitors should also read the special rules which will govern the departments in which they expect to exhibit.
- The Houston County Fair, Inc. reserves the right to change any and all rules, carry over the program from day to day and declare off any classes or premiums because of the acts of God, or causes not within the management’s control.
- Every possible precaution will be taken to safeguard the articles and animals exhibited, on the grounds, but the Houston County Fair Inc. will NOT be responsible, in any case, for the loss or damage to articles or animals.
- Although every effort will be made to eliminate any problem or misunderstanding, the Houston County Fair Inc. reserves the right to change, delete or add any Lot, Class or Rule as needed. Participants will be informed of any changes at the time of entry and same will be posted on the Houston County Fair website. www.houston-co-fair.com
- Competition is open to both residents and non-residents of Houston County.
- Except relics and curios, all articles entered for exhibit must have been raised, crafted or produced by the exhibitor; otherwise no premium will be paid on such exhibit.
- Every entry must be exhibited in the name of the actual owner.
- Only one entry, per person, per lot allowed.
- Canning entries that are not sealed will be removed and discarded.
- Cooking entries should be brought on paper plates and in zip lock bags, NO Cling Wrap or Aluminum Foil. NO dishes, glassware or such will be accepted.
- On the entry of each animal or article, a tag will be furnished, specifying the class, the number of the lot, and the number of the entry, which card must remain attached in a conspicuous place near the animal or article during the exhibition. The companion card will be given to the Exhibitor and needed for pickup verification. Purebred animals will be identified by tattoo.
- Please bring the specified quantity required by lot or class, only.
- Except for sewing, quilts and handwork, all entries must have been completed within the past year, unless otherwise stated.
- Entries should NOT have the exhibitor’s name on them except as otherwise noted.
- All livestock must pass appropriate health inspection by the State Department of Agriculture.
- Plants and Flowers must be free from all disease and insects.
- Age Divisions: Where there is not a specific age division entry is open to all.
- Children’s Division Exhibits may be entered by any child ages 3-8.
- Youth Division Exhibits may be entered by any young person ages 9-18. Workmanship must be solely theirs.
- Adult Division Exhibits may be entered by any adult 19 and over.
- Senior Division for those 60 and over
- For exhibits requiring entry fee, no premium will be paid unless entry fee has been paid in full at time entries close and specified in premium list.
- Exhibits entered for competition will be under the control of the chairperson for that department.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Premiums and prizes are paid only from awards made by the judges as they appear on the signed judges’ sheets and cards of records and not from ribbons attached to the exhibit.
- Premium Checks not cashed within sixty (60) days of check date will become void and will not be honored.
- All checks will be made in the name of the bona fide owner or grower.
- a. Entry Date Wednesday 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- No person will be allowed in the Exhibit Building when entries are received or judged, with the exception of persons directly involved with the designated event.
- Entries will be removed NO EARLIER than the Sunday following the Fair’s end. 1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m..
- At the conclusion of the Fair, the exhibitor must claim and take entire charge of his exhibit and supervise the removal, but no exhibit shall be removed or disarranged prior to the time designated in each department.
- The Houston County Fair Inc. will not be responsible for any articles left in the Exhibit Building after the designated time of removal. All perishables will be removed and discarded. Other articles left more than fourteen (14) days after the designated removal date, will become property of the Houston County Fair, Inc.
- Exhibitors will not be allowed to remove an entry before the designated time. Early removal will forfeit all premiums and ribbons and the exhibitor will not be allowed to enter in the future exhibits.
- The Houston County Fair Inc will not be responsible for any loss, damage or accident that may occur to any person or entry. The Houston County Fair Inc. will take every reasonable precaution to safeguard all persons visiting and/or working at the Fair. The Exhibit Building will be locked after hours.
- Please DO NOT enter items that are of sentimental value or that you can not live without. There is always the remote chance that something can be broken or turn up missing.